Recipe of the Month!
Garlic Roasted Radishes
What is the secret to this recipe? Bring out the sweetness, and maximize the health benefits of radishes, by roasting this jewel-hued veggie in garlic. Roasting draws out a mildly sweet juice that tempers the peppery flavor of rashishes. The garlic and butter (or ghee, if you prefer) blend perfectly with this hidden sweetness, giving the roasted radish a delectable aroma and flavor. Enjoy these over salads, served as a side dish to a roasted or grilled main course, or as a snack.
- 1 lb. radishes, ends trimmed and halved
- 1 Tbsp. melted ghee or butter (vegan option: use coconut oil or avocado oil)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2–3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp. dried parsley, dried chives or dried dill
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the radishes, melted ghee or butter, salt and pepper and toss until radishes are evenly coated. Save adding the minced garlic until just before the radishes are done roasting.
- Spread radishes out in a large 9×13 inch baking dish. Don’t over crowd.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing every 10 or so minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and dried parsley and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until radishes are golden brown and cooked through.
Optional: Serve with a side of ranch dressing for dipping or drizzle on top and garnish with parsley, dill or chives.
Write a Comment