Natural Remedies for Children's Health with Naturopathy and Homeopathy
You can see here that the baby’s cheeks are very red, and he scratches at them so profusely until they start to bleed.
Three weeks after starting a well-chosen homeopathic remedy, baby MW's cheeks are clear and beautiful. He still has some itchy spots on his arms, but they are improving with mom's diet changes. She's thrilled!
Holistic Care for Children is Safe and Gentle
Homeopathic remedies and Naturopathic recommendations are perfect for children because they are so gentle. You want the best for your child, yet you’re concerned about a medication’s side effects. You’re apprehensive about some vaccinations. And, you need someone who can guide you through this challenging information.
Homeopathic remedies are safe enough for infants and pregnant moms alike. They help kids sail through common childhood illnesses in a healthy, positive way. Homeopathic remedies can even reverse the more long-standing conditions, like chronic ear infections and Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. Your Naturopathic doctor will guide you every step of the way.
- Just because your child is entering puberty doesn’t mean he or she can’t have clear skin! By helping balance and normalize the natural function of the hormones, acne can clear up. We balance this with topical application of a familiar natural product that helps cystic acne heal faster and reduces scarring. Did you know that nutrient deficiencies play a role in acne? Let’s make sure your child is getting enough of specific nutrients, which we dose at therapeutic levels. No side effects-- just clear effects!
- Dr. Lachman has seen multiple cases of asthma improve or resolve using homeopathy. Although rescue inhalers can save lives, daily inhalers can have side effects like insomnia and weight gain. As with all steroids (any drug that ends in ‘-sone’ like hydrocortisone) stunted growth in children is a side effect. The homeopathic remedies have no side effects, and simply help the lungs function better. Simple diet changes can also resolve asthma. Let your child run free again without worry!
Autism, Asperger's Syndrome and Developmental Delay
- Julie Lachman, ND is now a certified CEASE therapist! CEASE stands for Complete Elimination of Autistic Spectrum Expression. CEASE therapists from around the world have been using this new therapy with great success. For parent blogs and more information, see www.cease-therapy.com
- While biochemically different, kids with Asperger's and Autism both have similar causes and can benefit from similar remedies. Kids with autism and developmental delay show remarkable progress under homeopathic and naturopathic care. Many of these children do poorly on processed foods or food additives and colorings. Most people can handle these kinds of toxins with no issue; these kids have a difficult time detoxifying chemicals in medications, food, vaccinations, or the environment. Once we start optimizing the detoxification processes, their symptoms improve. More of their true personality and humor begin to show through, and old habits can fall by the wayside as their bowels and appetites normalize. The true child will then emerge.
- After a certain age, children should be able to hold their bladders through the night. Gentle herbal remedies support the health of the bladder (and the nervous system that controls it) in a way no drug can. Homeopathic remedies have been used for over 200 years to help children based on their specific symptoms—does your child wet the bed with a nightmare or while dreaming of urination? Is he sleeping too soundly to wake up to urinate? Homeopathic remedies help your child wake dry and with pride!
- Has your child had an abdominal surgery, short gut, or an infection that required antibiotics? This can result in colic or other abdominal problems for the child. Colic can also be the result of a food allergy in something in the child’s (or nursing mother’s) diet. Homeopathy has been helpful in normalizing digestion in both children and adults, without side effects. In addition we’ll add clinical strength probiotics, and other items to soothe the gut and relieve bloating while addressing the cause.
- A healthy body, brain, and mind start in the digestive tract, and daily bowel movements are key. Constipation can also cause headaches, bad breath, acne or other skin problems. And, according to the manufacturer, stool softeners like Dulcolax should not be taken for longer than 7 days or used excessively. Help relieve your child of the pain of abdominal distension and difficult bowel movements naturally, without side effects. Homeopathic remedies are customized to your child—does he have large stools, small stools, balled stools? Other symptoms like the headaches or skin rashes? Each symptom helps guide us to a unique remedy for your child. All without side effects!
Insomnia - Sleep through the night
- Children over four months old should be able to sleep through the night. If not, something is waking or keeping them up. Among other things, we’ll take a close look at what and when the child is eating. Does she have enough calories (from fat and protein) to sustain her through the night? What other factors are causing him to wake? There is no reason she can’t sleep through the night, leaving you rested and ready for the day also.
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA)
- Drugs for rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases are very strong. They work by suppressing the immune system so the body won’t attack the joint or other affected part. Children and adults with autoimmune diseases benefit from numerous research studies validating the effects of certain nutrients in these patients. For example, autoimmune patients tend to have low vitamin D levels and a history of multiple doses of antibiotics. Both of these prevent the normal function of the immune system. Vitamin D and probiotics are a small but important part of the customized approach to your child’s specific symptoms. Instead of suppressing the immune system and increasing your child’s susceptibility to getting sick, why not encourage and support a healthy immune system that enables the joints to be strong and pain-free?
- Drugs and surgery are commonly recommended for children with reflux or GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). The drugs used are called proton pump inhibitors, like Nexium or Prilosec. Because these drugs lower the stomach acid and therefore impede the absorption of nutrients like calcium, according to the manufacturer, they should not be taken for longer than eight weeks for adults. A procedure called fundoplication may be recommended which strives to make the acid stay in the stomach.
- The drugs and the surgery try to fix the problem and relieve symptoms, but never identify the cause of the reflux. In a young child, this can be a simple allergy to a food item that he or she eats, or to an item his nursing mom is eating. These are usually easily identified, and once removed, the reflux is gone! We also use gentle herbal formulae to help restore normal balance to the digestive tract. Homeopathic remedies are used that don’t have side effects and help the stomach digest food more efficiently. A clinical-strength probiotic alone many times can resolve reflux in children and adults.
“Thank you for your time and efforts. Fae has renewed energy and her skin seems to be bothering her less. You have provided relief for Fae where there was previously not much hope. We are grateful that you cared. We appreciate what you do.”
J.C., from Jamison
"After over 5 years on medication for anxiety and ADHD, my 13 year old son is seeing a marked improvement in his attention at school – his teacher even commented to me that he was much more productive in class, and she didn’t have to redirect him to stay on task. His grades have improved in just 4 weeks time. His medical doctor even agreed to start reducing the level of medication he was taking, which is a huge relief to us. His sinus problems (constant stuffiness and nose bleeds) have been greatly reduced as well. It’s pretty clear to me now that focusing on overall health is much more productive than trying to battle individual symptoms."
B.F. Buckingham, PA